Translate翻譯

2012年4月11日 星期三

最佳回答 The Best Reply K

   
這兩人的回答真是棒透了。 
 
 
 
 
 
兩個年度最給力的回馬一槍答辯
 
TWO OF THE YEAR'S BEST COMEBACK RESPONSES
 
 

 
背景: 在美國律師是高收入的職業,但並不十分受人尊重。因而有很多律師的笑話。
 
假如你有機會在法庭上作證,但願你也有跟這位警官先生一樣的機智。
這位警官在一件重罪案件中出庭接受被告律師的詢問。
這位律師想貶低這位警官的誠信度。
If you ever testify in court, you might wish you could have been as sharp as this policeman.
He was being cross-examined by a defense attorney during a felony trial.
The lawyer was trying to undermine the police officer's credibility .....

問:警官. . . 你親眼看見被告逃離現場?
Q: 'Officer --- did you see my client fleeing the scene?'

答:沒有。 但是案發後我看到一個疑似被告的人跑了好幾條街。
A: 'No sir.
But I subsequently observed a person matching the description of the offender, running several blocks away.'

問:警官. . .是誰告訴你被告的長像?
Q: 'Officer -- who provided this description?'

答:是那個接到報案到達現場的警官。
A: 'The officer who responded to the scene.'

問:是和你一夥的警官向你描述了這位嫌疑犯的長像。你相信你的同僚嗎?
Q: 'A fellow officer provided the description of this so-called offender. Do you trust your fellow officers?'

答:我相信,我以人格保證。
A: 'Yes, sir. With my life.'

問:以人格保證?那我問你一個問題上班的時候你們有更衣室可以讓你們更換制服嗎?
Q: 'With your life? Let me ask you this then officer. Do you have a room where you change your clothes in  
preparation for your daily duties?'

答:我們有的!
A: 'Yes sir, we do!'

問:那你們在更衣室有帶鎖的櫃子嗎?
Q: 'And do you have a locker in the room?'

答:我們有的!
A: 'Yes, sir, ... I do.'

問:那你們的櫃子上鎖嗎?
Q: 'And do you have a lock on your locker?'

答:是的,上鎖!
A: 'Yes, sir.'

問:好, 這是為什麼, 警官,假如你能以人格保證你的同僚都是可以信賴的,為何在大家共用的更衣室裡櫃子還有必要上鎖?
Q: 'Now, ... why is it, officer, if you trust your fellow officers with your life, you find it necessary to lock your
locker in a room you share with these same officers?'

答:你要知道,我們的辦公室是跟法院共用的,經常會有律師穿過那個更衣室的。
A: 'You see, sir -- we share the building with the court complex, and sometimes lawyers have been known to walk
through that room.'

這時法庭上發出一陣笑聲,庭審立即暫停。這位出庭的警官被提名為年度的最給力的反唇相譏獎。我們認為他會得獎。
The courtroom EXPLODED with laughter, and a prompt recess was called. The officer on the stand has been nominated for this year's 'Best Comeback' line -- and we think he'll win.


最給力的回馬一槍答辯之二

Number 2:
現在我們知道他為何是位將軍. . .
Now We Know Why He Was a General -----

 
在最近的一次訪問中,瓦茨科夫將軍(海灣戰爭中的美軍統帥)被問到他是否有可能原諒那些曾經庇護教唆對美國進行911攻擊的恐怖分子。

In an recent interview, General Norman Schwarzkopf was asked if he thought there was room for forgiveness toward the people who have harbored and abetted the terrorists who perpetrated the 9/11 attacks on America.

他以典型的瓦茨科夫方式回答。
His answer was classic Schwarzkopf.
 

將軍說,我相信原諒他們是上帝的事
而我們的工作是安排他們跟上帝見面。」
The General said, "I believe that forgiving them is God's function ...
Our job is to arrange the meeting."